OFFICIAL SITE OF GATEWAY FIELD HOCKEY

Gateway Policies and Procedures

  • Weather Related Cancellations

    In the event that there is severe weather (lightning, storms, snow, ice, etc), Gateway Field Hockey will do its best to make a cancellation decision as early as possible and with the athlete's safety in mind first and foremost.  If the event is outdoor and there are lightning/severe storms within the area, SportPort will alert us when we can re-enter the field space. Everyone must wait in cars if their sirens are activated for 30 minutes until it is clear to play again.  If the weather concern is snow, ice and/or freezing rain, the safety of the driving conditions will be #1 priority and a cancellation decision will be made as early as possible.

  • Where to Find Cancellations

    Weather cancellations will be found at the three locations.  Please follow us on our social media accounts for the latest information.

    1. Our website front page www.gatewayfieldhockey.com
    2. Our Facebook page www.facebook.com/Gatewayfieldhockey
    3. Our Instagram page @gatewayfhclub

    Note: We will also do our best to send out an email as quickly as possible, however sometimes we cannot send a mass email when we are at the fields.

  • Reschedule Procedure

    In the event that one session of the practice is cancelled, it will not be rescheduled.  If two or more sessions of the practice are canceled, one session will be rescheduled. League games will be made up during each season. 

  • Standard Refund/Credit Policies

    In the event that your athlete needs to withdraw from a program due to unforeseen circumstances, a refund request must be emailed to Kelly Yates at kelly@gatewayfieldhockey.com.  Unforeseen circumstances include injury, illness, or family relocation.  All refund requests must have a doctor's note included in your email explaining the need for a refund. If the refund request is prior to the programs start, your entire registration fee minus a 15% administration fee will be refunded. If the request is made midway through the program, you will receive a prorated refund for the remainder of the sessions to be used for future registrations.  Refund requests made after the program has ended will not be issued. For all other withdrawal requests, athletes will receive a site credit good for any Gateway program without expiration date, excluding the 15% administration fee. /p>

  • Covid Refund/Credit policy for mandated shutdown of programs

    In the event of a mandated shutdown/cancellation of athletic programs across the St. Louis County region our refund/credit policy has two option as followed...

    Option 1 - An 85% refund to the parent(s) credit card will be provided. The other 15% non-refundable administrative fee goes directly towards the program expenses that are paid well in advance. These expenses include but are not limited too - registration and payment fees, scheduling fees, field rentals, equipment, and hundreds of hours of time that are put into running programs before they even begin.

    Option 2 - A full 100% credit good for any future Gateway program without expiration date. The credit would be in the form of site credit and would be put into the parent(s) LeagueApps account for any future Gateway club, league, academy, camp, tournament, and/or clinic program.

    We appreciate your support of Gateway Field Hockey as we navigate these incredibly difficult times. If you need to withdraw from an active or upcoming program, Gateway will provide a full or prorated credit depending on how much of the program has been completed.