Gateway Elite Club Information
The Gateway Elite Club season runs from late March 2022 through February of 2023 and includes training, league game play, summer camp, and various local, regional and travel tournaments throughout the season. Elite Club is for players looking to play year round and to raise their game to the next level in U8, U10, U12, U14, U16, and U19 divisions. Gateway is the top ranked club program in Missouri and is ranked in the top ten in all age divisions in the country by USA Field Hockey.
If you are wanting to join Elite Club before the winter of 2022/23, please email Kate at Kate@gatewayfieldhockey.com!
Early Bird Registration Opens - January 25th, 2023
Early Bird Registration Ends - February 15th, 2023
Free Club Fees Drawing - February 15th - 6pm (must be registered by noon on February 15th)
Late Fee Registration begins - March 15th, 2023
Elite Club Seasons
- Spring Season - 1st-12th Graders
- Summer Camp - 1st-12th Graders
- Fall Season - 1st-8th Graders
- Winter Season - 1st-12th Graders
- HS athletes do not participate in club in the fall due to MSHSAA rules
USA Field Hockey Age Divisions for Tournaments
- U8 - Born in 2014 and later
- U10 - Born in 2012 and 2013
- U12 - Born in 2010 and 2011
- U14 - Born in 2008 and 2009
- U16 - Born in 2006 and 2007
- U19 - Born in 2005 and earlier
Gateway League Divisions
- 1st and 2nd Grade
- 3rd and 4th Grade
- 5th and 6th Grade
- 7th and 8th Grade
- High School
There is not an official tryout for Elite Club, however the first 2-3 weeks of practices will serve as the evaluation period for the spring season. Players train together within their age division and practice groups and league change from season to season. The focus is on high level training with top notch coaches.
Winter practices are held at STL Athletic Center on all turf fields. Details will be emailed to all Elite Club players in October. All practices will be held on Tuesdays or Thursdays and begin on Tuesday, December 6th and Thursday December 8th.
- Sundays, January 8th - February 26th
- One game per week between 2:30-9pm
- Younger athletes are earlier.
- Each team will be assigned six games and the exact league schedule and teams will be released in mid December.
- Games will consist of a warmup/skill development followed by 2-20 minute half games.
- Elite Club athletes in 5th-12th grade will play in Elite Club divisions and in 1st-4th grade will be blended with prep club, but will be paired with elite club players based on school
The focus in the winter is on training and development. There is one tournament in the winter held in Florida in late January. The following teams will attend the Disney Showcase. There will be a tryout on Saturday, November 5th for the Disney teams.
- U10 Gateway Red
- U12 Gateway Red
- U12 Gateway White
- U14 Gateway Red
- U14 Gateway White
- U14 Gateway Blue
- U14 Gateway Green
- U16 Gateway Red
- U16 Gateway White
- U16 Gateway Blue
- U16 Gateway Green
- U19 Gateway Red
- U19 Gateway White
Current National Club Rankings
U14 - 10th in Nation - 1st in Missouri
U16 - 8th in Nation - 1st in Missouri
U19 - 3rd in Nation - 1st in Missouri
Link to the current rankings below
*USA Field Hockey only ranks U14, U16, and U19 divisions