Covid-19 Guidelines

Gateway Field Hockey follows return to sport guidelines put forth by St. Louis County Department of Health, the CDC and USA Field Hockey. In this ever changing time, we will communicate as quickly as possible any changes. The health and safety of our athletes and coaches is at the forefront of our planning.

Highlights of the current guidelines for moderate frequency sports indoors in St. Louis County...
1) Mask wearing for coaches, players, and umpires during indoor practices and games. Athletes do not have to wear masks at outdoor sessions.
2) Social distancing as much as possible during skills and drills.
3) Coaches and players sanitize their hands and equipment frequently. Players should only use their own equipment (stick, waterbottle, etc).  Players should come dressed and ready to participate.
4) Athletes and coaches will complete a health screening before each session and/or at the facility prior to entering.  Parents, please check your athletes temperatures before they arrive.
5) No spectators for indoor practices or games (with the exception of K-2nd grade), please drop off only.

Furthermore, please follow the guidelines below for a positive case or an exposure... 
1) If your child has a positive case, please email us if your athlete has been at field hockey within 48 hours of a positive case and then follow the quarantine requirements, which allows for return after a minimum of 10 days and reduced symptoms and fever free.  Furthermore, if anyone in your household has a positive case, your child would need to stay home and follow the below exposed guidelines.
2) If your child is exposed, you do not need to email us (but you can to let us know they will not be there), and follow the quarantine requirements, which allows for return after 14 days from exposure and no symptoms. Please refer to your child's doctor on return date.

 

Covid-19 Cancellation Refund/Credit Policy

In the event of a mandated shutdown/cancellation of athletic programs across the St. Louis County region our refund/credit policy has two option as followed...

Option 1 - A full 100% credit good for any future Gateway program without expiration date. The credit would be in the form of site credit and would be put into the parent(s) LeagueApps account for any future Gateway club, league, academy, camp, tournament, and/or clinic program.

Option 2 - An 85% refund to the parent(s) credit card will be provided. The other 15% non-refundable administrative fee goes directly towards the program expenses that are paid well in advance. These expenses include but are not limited to - registration and payment fees, scheduling fees, field rental deposits, equipment, and hundreds of hours of time that are put into running programs before they even begin.

We appreciate your support of Gateway Field Hockey as we navigate these incredibly difficult times. If you need to withdraw from an active or upcoming program, Gateway will provide a full or prorated site credit (without expiration) depending on how much of the program has been completed.

We will at first try to push back the start date of the program before cancelling completely. We would hope that any mandated shutdowns only be temporary. In the event of a shortened season we would provide prorated credits/refunds.